THINGS I LOVE ABOUT EGYPT


1. The people and that simplicity of daily living.​ Starting with the clothing and till the smiles you see when they meet each other on the streets. In Egypt I didn’t see drunk
people on the street which was a big thing for me. Everyone is doing anything to earn a living and making everything possible to survive in any conditions.

2. The genuine humor.​ Many times I saw the people finding some facts comic, facts that for me as European was something which would make me laught years ago not today.
They still find random events as being funny, they make fun in a very old style, for us westerns, but is a type of humor I missed. When you come from a country where in every joke there is a sexual nature reference, the jokes in Egypt seem too natural, too clean and so genuine.

3. The weather​. The winter (or what they call as being winter) is the perfect weather for me, is like a May in Eastern Europe. Because basically I adore warm-hot climate, I find Egypt as being the perfect destination for a long living.

4. The respect for family, traditions and religion.​ When you get to see how close people are here with their family, how nice they act to their family members, how they feel the
joy during holidays, all these make you feel like you are lost in a dream where you know that when you will wake up all these will disappear. Because there aren’t so many holidays, when they reach the time of one of those is like the whole city becomes more lively. Family gatherings, friends late night meetings, meals sharing and all the genuine
fun time.

5. Cafes and open space places. ​Most of the year having a warm weather, most of the pubs and places have an open space. I hate closed spaces and mostly there were are smokers and how in Egypt most of the people smoke, I am grateful with these pubs
where I can enjoy a cup of coffee and a nice conversation outdoor.

6. The natural juices. ​Yes, more than the Egyptian food, which I find tasty but heavy, I adore the variety of juices. Being a country with a hot weather most of the year, they have many types of drinks, starting tea, fresh and juice made from natural dried plants or fruits.

7. Shops open 24/7.​ If you need to buy anything at any hour in the day or night, there are
always the street corner shops open.

8. The children still have the respect for their parents, elders and teachers.​ I noticed
this and I was so happy to see again respectful behavior from the kids. And also I
noticed the children they still have games and toys to play outdoors, in groups. This was
so nice to watch!

9. The Egyptians love their country! ​They do even if they complain about how hard the
life can be, how awful is to survive day by day. At the end of the day they will have a nice
word about their country if a foreigner will ask about it. Most of the schools still sing their
national anathem at the beginning of the day and the children will be thaught to respect
the country’s symbols.

10. Everything has home delivery! ​A lot of stores, pharmacies, fast-food places will deliver
to your door anytime of the day. If you crave for a pizza at 2am for sure you will find a
place to order from.

Comments